Access Keys:

 
 
St.Flannan's National School, Inagh, Ennis, County Clare
Best wishes to all of the Clare Senior hurlers in their All Ireland final......feeling very proud of our past pupils; David, Aidan and Sean. Up the BANNER!!
open new window
pause
play

History

 
 
 

The first primary school in Inagh was located beside the Church and now forms part of the Parish Hall and was built in 1803. This school was replaced in 1930 and operated as a 3 teacher school until 1974.

In that year Gortbofearna N.S. was amalgamated with Inagh N.S. and as a result the school then had 5 teachers.

In 1985 a new school was built on a farm acquired by the Inagh Group.   This farm was developed further to include 2 rural housing schemes and the GAA pitch.   The new school was named St. Flannan’s N.S.

In 2002 a special classroom, Suaimhneas, was built for children with Autism.

In the year 2009, the school was extended to include two new mainstream classrooms, two new ASD specially designed classrooms, occupational therapy room, multi-sensory room, large multi-purpose hall with removable stage and various administration rooms.

All classrooms were fitted with the latest technology including interactive whiteboards and computer suites.